Effective Date: May 15, 2019
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (although payment information may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information to help better provide you services as well as to engage in market research and better serve our customers.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect non-identifying information about you, including your log and usage information, device information, and location information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand our customers to provide better services. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
USES OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about our services, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choicesbelow for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of our staff or others; or
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by third parties to identify you.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory or other compliance obligations.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information about you to which you have previously given consent;
- to object to processing of personal information about you for the purpose of direct marketing; and
- to have incorrect personal information about you corrected.
European Union residents also have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we have about you, although we reserve the right to charge a fee for this.
We may send promotional emails or text messages. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from us by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
You may update and correct certain information you provide to us by logging emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete information we have collected from you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for as long as necessary for our business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
MOBILE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Categories of Personal Information Sold and Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Pursuant to the California Shine the Light Law (Cal. Civil Code Section 1798.83), California residents have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.For information and requests, California residents should contactus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.135) goes into effect on January 1, 2020. For information about disclosures to service providers and requests, California residents should contact us at email@example.com.